Friday, July 31, 2009

The End Of Summer

I am becoming more apprehensive about student teaching. The time is getting closer. I hope I can take all of the stuff I have managed to absorb and somehow apply it to the teacher I visualize myself being.

I am really glad I decided to do this program and become a teacher. I have been extremely indecisive about my career path since I started college. I believe this is the right way for me to go.

I have learned much from each and every person in this program. Our different backgrounds have opened my eyes even more to seeing things differently. I believe this will help me in understanding who my students are and where they come from.

After listening to the former MACers yesterday I believe one of the most important parts of the jobs is getting to know our students as well as possible, especially during our observation hours. And I think the technology survey is a great idea. I am going to administer a technological survey during my observation period.

I also want to, pending my mentors approval, hand out a brief questionnaire. The questionnaire will have a spot for students to place a small photo of themselves, their names and a few questions that will help me to get to know them. This will be a good way for me to attatch a face with a name before I start student teaching. I am awful with names so I am going to have to think of creative ways to memeorize the names of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Your Comment